My eyes were open as we prayed.
I stood on a chair and looked at the 10 students gathered in a small cluster at the front of the living room as the rest of the young people there prayed for them. These 10 felt God calling them to full-time ministry. They were preparing to be used so that their generation would know Christ. They wanted to change their nation. And they were being commissioned.
And I was too excited to close my eyes.
This prayer time was the last 15 minutes of the recent Calling Retreat. Key Asian leaders from our churches in four cities all came together to seek God on what he was calling them to do after graduation. God spoke powerfully during this time, calling many to give their lives to reaching the lost in their nation and beyond.
Other highlights included:
- Seven people feeling a call to serve God in missions reaching other people groups.
- A young believer exclaiming, “I’ve grown more in the last three days at this retreat than I would have in three years otherwise.”
- Fang leading someone to Christ on the train ride home from the retreat.
- Young leaders stepping up into greater levels of service in their churches immediately after the retreat.
- Several young leaders are now planning to start Bible school training this year.
Thank you so much for praying for this retreat! It was more than I would have even dared to dream before. God has given us the first of those Asian partners who will step up to bring the gospel to new campuses across Asia.
- Please pray for Jack & Kristine – two Asian leaders from our city who are beginning to take steps towards full-time ministry. Pray for protection from the enemy’s attack as they take these big steps.
- Please pray for all the believers in the church here as they come back from their six week long winter break. Pray that the church would come back together with great momentum.
- Please pray for Cher and I – we’ve felt a challenge from God to pray like we’ve never prayed before this next semester. We are responding, but we know we can’t do that in our own strength. Pray He fills us with a hunger to pray.
Thank you so much for standing with us. It was incredible to see how your praying prepared the way for God to move so powerfully at the calling retreat. Prayer changes things!