At 7pm on Friday (6am EST), 36 CAsian believers from churches we have started will be gathering from across the country for the Winter Retreat.
· XiaoZhu, a young woman, who was sent out to start a simple church in her hometown will come back. She has been preaching the gospel boldly and starting to see fruit. She is a high school teacher, and she recently preached the gospel to her whole class.
· “Climbing,” the first cross-cultural missionary our churches have sent out will be coming back. And he will be bringing “Frank,” a new believer from an unreached people group, with him.
· Haley, a sophomore, who recently led 2 of her friends to Christ will be there. Molly, who just baptized someone last week will be there. And Tony, who is a brand new Christian himself, will be there.
· And 30 other amazing Disciples that range from church planters to new believers will join the gathering.
For 4 days they will gather together to worship, testify of God’s goodness, be equipped, and encounter God. God is going to do amazing things during these next 4 days. Please pray for us specifically during that time.
Key Prayer Requests:
1. Please pray that Jesus himself would come and minister in power during this weekend. The theme for the event is Identity. Ask that many would see the truth of their identity and be set free from sin, fear, shame, and doubt.
2. This past summer we sent out 4 young people with the mission of starting churches in new cities. This will be the first time they have gathered back together since then. Please pray for God to freshly fill, renew, and empower them for the mission He gave them.
3. Immediately after the retreat, everyone will be going home for the Asian New Year. At the retreat, we are doing a special time of inspiring and equipping the believers to share the gospel with their families. Please pray for many salvations among their families.
4. A special challenge will be given to all the Juniors and Seniors in college to prepare to be sent out as simple church planters when they graduate. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to move on many students hearts to volunteer themselves for this mission.
5. The young leaders of the different churches in this movement will be gathering to make key decisions about the first cross-cultural missionary they will send out, how to release those who are called into full-time ministry, and how to grow the National leadership in the movement. Please pray for wisdom and direction from God in these significant decisions.
Thank you so much for battling with us in prayer!