At the end of this month Buttercup, our son, and I will begin our craziest adventure yet as a family of three – we’re all going to Asia!
Campus Target’s 10th anniversary is this summer, and we’re trying to get everyone in CT together in Asia for our most significant meetings and celebrations to date. Almost everyone in CT will gather in our biggest cities to reconnect with our vision, celebrate the last 10 years of ministry, and meet together to plan the future.
Buttercup and I weren’t sure if all three of us could make the trip, but after talking with our leaders and thinking things through, we dove in and bought tickets for all of us! It’s all come together quite recently, but we’ll leave at the end of June and be there for about three weeks.
It’s challenging to live so far from our co-workers and friends in Asia, and Buttercup and I are excited to spend quality time with them as a family. In addition to being with our co-workers, the main goals of our trip will be:
– Reconnect personally with the vision and mission of CT. It’s been 3.5 years since Buttercup and I have been in Asia together, and it’s our first time being there with our son.
– Participate in rare executive and team meetings with almost all of our core leadership team in the same place.
– Celebrate together everything God has done in the last 10 years.
We’re excited, and nervous, to travel together with our little guy. Please pray for us as we prepare and travel together. A few topics to lift up:
– Provision for every area of our trip – finances, health, and all the details it takes to fly halfway across the world. Please also pray for all our co-workers traveling over with us.
– For our graduating disciples in Asia to have vision to keep stepping out in ministry, and for them to find and help create healthy church communities wherever they go.
– The new Campus Target team is currently preparing for training and departure in August. I just heard our first team member is fully funded! Please pray for all of them as they raise funds and prepare to leave.